pinterest google

Follow Me on Pinterest
Custom Search

Wednesday 11 July 2012

I'm really enjoying learning some new techniques and skills from the tutorials for the quilt-along over at quiltgallery.com.  These are the first 5 blocks of my quilt, I've learnt to piece together squares, rectangles & triangles so far. Cut, sew, press- easy so far.

block 1 game of Hopscotch
block2 Peek over the fence (two by 3)
block3 Time for ice cream (shoo fly)
block4 Jump in the pool (Double monkey wrench)
block 5 count the stars (friendship star)

The only real problem I've had is to work my rotary cutter the right way. This is the first time in using a cutter & board, at first I put it together wrong (hubby fixed it), then I wasn't holding the ruler down enough or the handle on the right angle. A few bad words were mumbled, then I checked out U-Tube to learn what I should be doing, I'm getting better.
                                                           
This block is Count the Stars- aka frienship star
So I've caught up to the quilt-along and submitted my 5th block on time for a chance at some of the great prizes.  

1 comment: